Board of Directors
The Carol Pufahl Foundation is governed by a diverse group of individuals whose expertise in a wide range of key areas guides our organization. Our Board of Directors are passionate about the importance of improving educational outcomes for children by promoting early literacy and are committed to increasing learning outcomes for all children.
Board Members hail from:
- Fields of early childhood education (member of the National Early Literacy Panel of the National Institute for Family Literacy)
- Teaching (preschool, public school and university teaching)
- Educational administration
- Grant writing and management at Federal and State levels
- Nonprofit fundraising and development
Each Board Member holds strong values for improving educational outcomes for children through service and collaborative partnerships among public schools, universities, community agencies, and families. The Foundation leverages the power of community and adult-child relations to build the key language and literacy skills of children and families thereby improving education outcomes for children. Programs launched by the Foundation will expose children to activities that encourage a love of language and learning and support families and teachers in making the most of the early ears to ensure success in school and life.